PLAY PITFALL ON A 2-PORT
Mitch Orman posted a fix to AtariAge
2 port compatibility
USE A 2600 KEYPAD CONTROLLER
Rob Mitchell posted this to AtariAge
Connect a 2600 Keypad
You can (or could?) order a pre-made board from here:
Low Budget on Atari Age
If you want to solder up your own, the standard one in the 5200 faq works but check the link above:
I'll put up something more detailed later, but for now my video-mod advice is:
- Solder the luma and sync resistors directly on the 5200 board sticking up, join them
together there so you only have one wire coming out.
- Do sync plus one luma line into the transistor circuit first, see if you get a dark black
and white picture before going on
- If you only want composite, run the chroma into the luma transistor, not a separate
transistor, the edges are sharper than tying luma and chroma together at the output.
- Cut the base lead of the audio oscillator transistor, it causes distortion.
- If you're new to electronics, buy a protoboard at radio shack and stuff the circuit
into it first (no soldering)